“Latex balloons are not plastic and are made from natural rubber which is biodegradable. Natural Latex is harvested from rubber trees and is a renewable resource. Even though balloons are made from natural materials, we do not want balloons and their accessories to be littering the environment. Balloons and helium-filled balloons should be properly weighted and disposed of properly after they are enjoyed.” (PEBA USA, 2021)
Balloon Art by Merry Makers commits to the following:
- No Balloon Releases – We do not support, condone, nor facilitate the deliberate release of balloons.
- Responsible Use and Disposal of Balloons – We will follow responsible practices regarding the use and disposal of all balloons.
- Education – We will do our best to educate the general public, clients and venue managers on the importance of not releasing balloons into the environment, on alternative options to releases, and the correct use and disposal of balloons.
- Awareness – We will include a link to PEBA USA on our website to help raise awareness.
- Community – We will do our best to notify PEBA USA if we become aware of any environmental issue, pertaining to balloons, or are having any difficulties dealing with anyone in regards to environmental issues in our community.
Learn more at http://pebausa.com/